What are Steel Sleeves?
How are Steel Sleeves Used?
Custom steel sleeves can be used for a variety of purposes including:
- Fuel Tanks & Cylinders
- Boiler Tubes
- Heat Exchangers
- Fire Walls / Fire Resistant Structures (Fireproofing)
- Fire Protection, Safety and Security
- Condensers & Evaporators
- Heat Pipes
- Pipeline Hangers & Supports
What are Steel Cores?
A steel core is a metal structure that makes up the center of an object. They can be used in a variety of industries such as aerospace, energy and chemical processing, construction, and engineering.
Steel cores can be made using different metals or alloys, but the most commonly used steel cores are carbon steel and stainless steel. These core materials can be manufactured by a variety of methods such as machining, forging, or casting. And they typically aren’t solid. Instead, they have perforations to reduce weight and cut down on corrosion risk due to water and moisture penetration.
Our Expert Process
The process of fabricating steel sleeves and parts with a custom steel core can be divided into five steps:
- Planning – We work together with you to determine your specific needs for the project. This is done through information gathering, drawing preparation, and 3D rendering.
- Manufacturing – This involves cutting the steel tube with our Heavy-duty CNC machines.
- Finishing – The finished steel sleeve or part is then inspected by our team of quality control inspectors.
- Tracking – We also provide tracking services throughout each phase of your project to ensure that you are satisfied with every step. We want your custom steel parts to be safe and installed properly on the first try every time!
Our steel sleeve machining services include:
- heat treating
- rust proofing
- zinc coating to prevent corrosion and increase the service life of the product polishing
- If you are looking for steel core fabrication and machining services in the Millinocket area, we have them. We can make custom-made parts with a steel core for any large job or project that you may need. Our steel sleeve machining services are designed to meet the needs of your business.